Saturday, June 16, 2007

Lists!

I can't seem to keep my blog updated so I'm going to make lists. I'll start with a list of the last ten fiction books I've read (most recent first).
1) Prelude to foundation by Isaak Asimov, would've been a good short story as contained only one good idea.
2) Highways To A War by Christopher J Koch, good fictional account of a war photographer's love of Vietnam and Cambodia. Weak ending.
3) KPAX 2 by Gene Brewer, I hadn't read the first one but I saw the movie starring Kevin Spacey. I like the writing style, simple and breezy, but over-all it seemed a bit meandering, and it leaves the major mysteries unsolved, saving them for K-PAX 3, I suppose.
4) Villa Incognito by Tom Robbins, great book with the added bonus of taking place mostly in Laos.
5) Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami, just my favorite contemporary writer.
6) The Sirens Of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut, A great American Hero.
7) Hard Boiled Wonderland And The End Of The World by Haruki Murakami, this book should be the basis for a new religion.
8) Kafka On The Beach by Haruki Murakami
9) South of The Border, West Of The Sun by Haruki Murakami
10) The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami, this was the book that got me hooked

No comments: