Monday, January 23, 2006

Siem Reap

Well, I'm back in Siem Reap. My freind Eric is doing some market research on hydroponics - providing organic veggies and herbs for the upscale hotels and restaurants that mainly import the stuff from Thailand or Vietnam. We brought Jasmine up to do most of the interviews. Jasmine was my Khmer tutor and will most likely be the assistant manager at the Bokor Mountain Lodge. She is working with Pon, who just left the monkhood to find work to support his family. Paul and I met him at the pagoda in Angkor Wat some time ago. Paul did an oral history of him and asked Eric to find him some work. So we hired the two of them for this week to go around filling out questionaires at the various hotels here. No time to see the temples, I return to Phnom Penh this afternoon. then a few days of preparation before I move to Kampot. The FCC is finally really behind us on the reopening of the Bokor Mountain Lodge and I have already put an ad in the local tourist mag.

No comments: